Wind Resource Assessment
Wind resource is one of the most important factors for wind power development. RRB Energy’s wind research team is well experienced on working with essential wind resource tools such as Wind Atlas & Application Program(WAsP), Windpro & Computational Fluid Dynamics(CFD) modeling.
The Wind Research Team identifies the wind rich sites and conducts wind study by establishing wind monitoring stations.A minimum of one year wind data is analysed to identify turbine suitability thereafter micro siting and wind resource assessment report is prepared.
- A Meso scale mapping pan India is carried out to identify sites suitable for wind farms.
- Wind masts are installed across multiple states in India for continuous wind data monitoring.
- A significant land bank is identified and acquired based on detailed wind resource assessment.
- Besides in-house wind resource assessment, estimated generation and wind data analysis is cross verified through renowned international consultants.
- RRB Energy’s turbines are designed after extensive study of wind regime availability and climatic conditions across various Indian sites.